Why Do Houses Need Gutters?
Houses need gutters to divert water away from the foundation and prevent water damage. Gutters collect rainwater and snowmelt from the roof and direct it to the downspouts, which then transport the water away from the house. Without gutters, water can seep into the foundation and cause cracking, shifting or other structural issues.
Risks of Keeping Old Gutters
Keeping old gutters can lead to several risks, including water damage to the house, pest infestations, and damage to the gutter system itself. Old gutters may become clogged with debris, which can cause water to overflow and damage the home’s exterior. Additionally, old gutters may rust, crack, or sag, which can lead to water leaks and eventually affect the house’s foundation.
Benefits of Installing New Gutters
Installing new gutters can provide several benefits for a home, including preventing water damage to the foundation and exterior, improving curb appeal, and increasing the house’s value. New gutters are also more durable and efficient than old ones, reducing the need for maintenance and repair. Additionally, new gutter systems can be customized to fit the style and needs of the home.
M&M Gutter Contractor Services
A properly installed gutter system is essential for protecting your home from water damage. Our team of experts can install gutters that are durable and designed to last. We’ll work with you to select the right gutters for your home and ensure they are installed correctly.
When your gutters are not functioning properly, it can lead to water damage and costly repairs. Our team can quickly repair any damage to your gutters and ensure they are back to working correctly. Don’t let damaged gutters cause further damage to your home – call us today for an efficient repair.
Gutter Cleaning & Maintenance
Regular gutter cleaning and maintenance are essential for keeping your gutters functioning correctly. Our team can provide professional cleaning services to remove any debris and keep your gutters in top condition. We can also provide maintenance services to ensure your gutters are always working correctly.
Seamless Gutters Vs. Traditional
If you’re considering getting new gutters, you may wonder whether to choose seamless or traditional gutters. Seamless gutters provide a sleek look and require less maintenance, but traditional gutters are more affordable. Our team can help you weigh the pros and cons of each option and choose the right gutters for your home.
Types of Gutters
- Aesthetically pleasing and visually appealing
- Can handle large amounts of rainfall
- Easier to clean due to their smooth shape
- Classic design that suits traditional homes
- Can be more expensive than other types of gutters
- Less resistant to damage and more prone to rust
- Can handle large rainfall volumes and reduce overflow issues
- More durable than half-round gutters with a longer lifespan
- Easier to install because of the straighter shape
- Comes in a variety of material options
- Aesthetically less appealing
- Harder to clean because of the angular shape
- Can be more expensive to repair due to the complicated installation process
Custom Fascia Gutters
- Can be made to fit any roof line, providing a seamless look
- More visually appealing than box-style gutters
- Designed to handle larger rainfall volumes and reduce overflow issues
- More expensive than standard gutters, as the customization adds to the overall cost
- Not widely available, making installation more difficult
- Harder to clean due to the custom fit that may trap debris
- Affordable and widely available
- Easy to install and requires little maintenance
- Resistant to damage and rust
- Visually unappealing and can detract from the aesthetic of a home
- Not as effective in handling large volumes of rainfall
- Can be harder to clean as debris often gets trapped in the corners
Understanding a Gutter System
Gutters are made of various materials, with vinyl and aluminum being the two most popular options. However, each gutter material has perks and downsides. We have listed the different types of gutter materials below.
- Affordable, low maintenance, easy to install, lightweight, available in different colors, and resistant to rust.
- Prone to cracking, warping, and fading due to prolonged sun exposure, not suitable for heavy downpours, and less durable compared to other materials.
- Lightweight, durable, rust-resistant, easy to install, and available in different colors and styles.
- More expensive than vinyl gutters, prone to denting, fading, and corrosion if not maintained, and not suitable for high winds or heavy snow loads.
Galvanized Steel Gutters
- Strong, durable, and resistant to rust, corrosion, and heavy rain, making them ideal for commercial properties.
- Require regular maintenance to prevent rust, prone to rusting over time, heavier than other materials, difficult to install, and more expensive than vinyl or aluminum gutters.
- Long-lasting, resistant to rust, corrosion, and weathering, eco-friendly, and create a unique patina over time.
- More expensive than other materials, can be difficult to install and repair, and require a professional to maintain and clean.
- Beautiful and unique aesthetic, long-lasting, resistant to rust and corrosion, and create a stunning patina over time.
- Very expensive, can be difficult to install and repair, require regular maintenance and cleaning, and not suitable for regions with acidic rain or saltwater exposure.
- LeafFilter’s micromesh technology prevents debris from clogging the gutters, reducing the need for frequent cleaning. It is durable and has a transferable lifetime warranty.
- LeafFilter’s installation is time-consuming and costly. The micromesh can still become clogged with very small debris, requiring occasional cleaning.
- LeafGuard is a seamless one-piece gutter system that prevents clogging by using a curved hood design. No cleaning is required, and it has a lifetime warranty.
- LeafGuard’s installation is expensive and may require reinforcement of the roof’s fascia board. It is not as durable as some other gutter systems and may dent easily.
How long can you run a seamless gutter?
Can Seamless gutters be detached and reset?
What to know about seamless gutters?
What are the pros and cons of seamless gutters?
Pros: custom-fit to your home, durable, low-maintenance.
Cons: cost more than traditional gutters, difficult to install, can be damaged by ladder leaning.
Why do seamless gutters leak?
Do Seamless gutters increase home value?
Do seamless gutters keep leaves out?
Do seamless gutters go around corners?
Houston Roofing: Solar, Siding, Window & Doors
Address:1656 Townhurst Dr Ste D,
#1 Most Dependable Austin Roofing Company
Address:11615 Angus Rd., Suite 201 ,
#1 Most Dependable San Antonio Roofing Company | M&M Roofing, Siding & Windows
Address:16601 Blanco Rd.,
Suite 222 San Antonio,
#1 Best Beaumont Roofing Company Near Me
Address:5550 Eastex Freeway Suite 4,
Lake Charles Roofing, Siding, Windows & Doors
Address:630 W Prien Lake Rd b213,